Sunday, February 28, 2016

Bernie Sanders really needs to win on Super Tuesday.

I really hope that Bernie Sanders comes through on Super Tuesday.  After not the greatest showings in Nevada and South Carolina, I am concerned for his campaign.

I think Massachusetts and Vermont will come through for Sanders, but a lot of the states voting on Super Tuesday are southern states, and because the Clintons are from the South, Hillary may have the advantage there.

I was surprised that a lot of Sanders's supporters are twenty-somethings.  They are probably recent college graduates who see very little employment opportunities using the skill-set that they learned in college.  They are probably unemployed or underemployed and they are the first generation to get the full brunt of country destroying policies of Nixon, Reagan, and two Bushes.  They see a not very bright future ahead for this country as I do, and Bernie Sanders is the only candidate really promising to do something about it.

If Hillary Clinton gets the nomination I will vote for her , but her husband has done some lasting damage to this country as well.  NAFTA and the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act under his administration has also weakened this country's economy, therefore I worry that Hillary is also a wolf in sheep's clothing.  

I know Barack Obama ran on a platform of change and didn't deliver, but it doesn't mean that Sanders will be the same way.  I think he will at least make the effort.  If Clinton gets into office the Republicans will hem and haw about her, but I think ultimately she will do there bidding and not make any more change than Obama did in his two terms.

It is very important for Sanders supporters to participate on Super Tuesday if is campaign is going to continue to have momentum, so please get out to vote on March 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment