Saturday, February 20, 2016

Ted Cruz is Canadian. And he scares me.

Ted Cruz is in my opinion Canadian.  At one point he had dual citizenship.  He has renounced his Canadian citizenship, but this means nothing.  Americans are not allowed to have dual citizenship, period.  Go try to become a citizen of another country and try to remain United States citizen, just try to do it and see what happens  This means that Cruz is Canadian and he should not be allowed to run for United States President.  Yet he seems to have quite a great deal of financial backing to skirt the law.

It is just like the rich elite to want show off how the law does not apply to them.  They are special and they want to get a Canadian in as President just to show how powerful they really are.  

Another thing that bothers me about Ted Cruz aside from this ultra-right-wing agenda is that he is very disturbing to look at.  He is very uncharismatic in my opinion.  While running for President is not a beauty contest, a Presidential candidate should have a certain commanding yet comforting presence.  Cruz just gives me the heebie jeebies.  I cannot see how right-wing supporters can look at him and say, oh this is the guy I want running this country, but I guess he is telling them what they want to here in order to get their financial support.  The appeal is there for them, but I just don't see it.

There are lawsuits against Cruz trying to stop him from running because of his past Canadian citizenship, he should not have the right to.  I am just amazed that this would not scare financial backers away, because he may not be a viable candidate.  Trump has the right to sue him, but hasn't done it yet.  Perhaps he is afraid it will backfire and make Cruz some sore of right-wing martyr.

Ironically, if Cruz becomes President, I think a lot of Americans are going to want move to Canada, but I doubt the Canadians will want to let us in. I hope someone will stop Ted Cruz, because I think that even if Trump wins the Republican party will not let the delegates vote for him at the Republican convention.  And if my theory is correct, Trump will only run as an independent if Hilary wins the Democratic nomination.  

I hope in the end the lawsuits challenging Cruz's right to run for President will eventually do him in as a viable candidate.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment